Birthdays at the Garden
Our birthday party package allows you and your guests to celebrate your child’s special day–Garden style! Your party package will have access to the Garden during and after the party until closing at 5pm. Birthday party packages are designed for children ages 12 and under.
Nature Play: Our new 2.5 acre Family Adventure Garden provides the perfect setting for hands-on, creative play and a one-of-a-kind birthday adventure! The Prickly Pear Pavilion transforms into ‘Party Central’ while guests explore on their own, run, tumble, wade, and discover the unlimited possibilities of nature play fun.
Birthday Party Locations
- Auld House: The Garden’s historic piñon pine log cabin is located along the Texas Hill Country Trail. With a large indoor space that includes AC/Heat, an outdoor covered patio and bathrooms, this space feels rustic while not being without modern conveniences.
- H-E-B Discovery Classrooms: One of two large indoor classrooms. Includes AC/Heat plus retractable wall to make inside space outdoor accessible.
- Prickly Pear Pavilion: In the heart of the new Family Adventure garden! Use this as home-base while your guests engage in all the fun outdoor playscapes!
- Education Tent: This outdoor, covered event tent is nestled in between the Children’s Vegetable Garden and the Cactus and Succulent Garden. It truly is a Garden party when guests are just steps away from discovering the diversity of plant life that surrounds them.
- *No guarantee of an indoor location should inclement weather arise.
The Garden reserves the right to change the location between these four sites.
Birthday Party Guidelines
- Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance, but no more than 6 weeks in advance.
- Rates: $330 (members $300) for 2 hour party with 1/2 hour before for setup and 1/2 after for cleanup.
- Children’s parties are Saturday or Sunday 10am to 12pm or 1pm to 3 pm.
- The security deposit and rental deposit must be made at the time of reservation. The remaining balance is due 21 days before the event. Fees for additional guests must be paid on the day of the event.
- Any unused security balance will be returned no later than 30 days after the event.
- Proper adult supervision is required at all times during the birthday party.
- Guests may bring in their own cake, ice cream and non-alcoholic beverages. Only approved caterers can deliver to the Garden, but you may bring other food in during your setup time. Approved vendor list here
- If the event is cancelled more than 21 days before the event, the security deposit will be refunded, but the rental deposit will not be refunded.
- If the event is cancelled less than 21 days before the event, the security deposit will be refunded, but the entire rental deposit and rental fee will not be refunded.
Birthday parties are booked no more than 6 weeks, and no less than 2 weeks, in advance, and will be assigned to one of four spaces based on availability at the time the reservation is taken. Requests are taken in order of inquiry. Please complete the following form to request a reservation.
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210.536.1416 Tuesday through Thursday 9 AM to 3 PM. Requests are taken in order of inquiry. If your event exceeds the 50 guests capacity or you are planning an event for ages over 12, please contact our Rentals Department for pricing and availability: https://www.sabot.org/rent-the-garden/