Tickets & Hours
Hours of Operation
Due to inclement weather, the Garden will be closed on Tuesday, January 16, 2018. Please follow the Garden’s social media channels for up-to-date news. Thank you!
9:00 am – 5:00 pm Daily
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
|Children (age 3-13)||$9|
|Children (under age 3)||Free|
|Senior Citizens (65 and over)||$10|
|Military (active, retired, reserve) (with current ID, dependents not included)||$10|
|Students (with current ID)||$10|
Fees may be subject to change.
The San Antonio Botanical Garden is highly suitable for use by people of all ages and abilities and is wheelchair accessible. Service animals are permitted with proper I.D. Dogs are welcome during designated Dog Day events.
Operated under the auspices of the City of San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department, the San Antonio Botanical Garden founded in 1980, encompasses 38 acres in the center of the city of San Antonio, 555 Funston Place @ North New Braunfels Avenue. San Antonio Botanical Garden, 555 Funston Place, San Antonio, Texas 78209
(If you need information about events and parking during construction, click here.)
- You are welcome to bring a daytime picnic to enjoy on Garden grounds.
- Please leave flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy.
- Admire but do not collect or remove seeds, flowers, fruits, vegetables, plant labels, etc.
- Please stay on designated pathways at all times. Stepping in flowerbeds compacts the soil.
- Please do not block pathways or access for other visitors when posing for photographs. For safety reasons, please do not pose photograph subjects in trees, on rocks, or on other structures.
- To protect our plant collection, athletic games and climbing are prohibited inside the Garden. Active games include Frisbee, football, baseball, kites, etc.
- Please supervise children at all times.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, scooters, and skateboards are not permitted inside the Garden.
- Please refrain from wading or swimming in ponds or fountains.
- Dispose of waste and recyclables in trash receptacles. We appreciate your helping us recycle.