Friday to Saturday, November 8-9 | 6:00 p.m. Friday – 8:30 a.m. Saturday
Experience the San Antonio Botanical Garden the way few visitors can—by sleeping over! Join other families for an overnight Garden adventure with play in the Family Adventure Garden, exploration of the Botanical Garden’s 38 acres, games, and a night hike. Bring your own camping gear; space is limited; dinner is included. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- $35 per person ($31.50 member)
- Family Savings 4 pack $120 (no additional discounts)
Guidelines for the Family Campout at the Garden:
- Parent or adult supervision of children at all times.
- Stay on paths and walkways and make sure to stay in designated areas, especially after dark.
- Respect plants and animals in the gardens; this is their home. Please do not pick the plants or chase ducks and other wildlife.
- For everyone’s safety, please stay out of the fountains and ponds. There will be a creek with running water in the Family Adventure Garden you can splash in.
- Leave seeds, flowers, and leaves for others to enjoy.
- Ensure all trash/recycling makes it into the appropriate receptacle.
- Be respectful of other campers after “lights out” by keeping noises to a minimum (i.e., there should not be any music audible to other campers, keep voices low, etc.)
- Please plan to spend the night, as the Garden is unable to accommodate evening-only participants.
- In the case of a medical emergency, Garden staff/security will call 911.
Where do we sleep?
Outdoors; bring your own camping gear. In case of inclement weather, we will move indoors.
What will we eat, and may I bring in food items?
A pizza dinner with fruit and salad will be provided for all overnight participants. Water is available, please bring a refillable water bottle. S’mores will be provided in the evening. Please feel free to bring your own food and/or snacks. Special diets are the responsibility of individual program attendees. Alcohol is prohibited.
What do I need to bring?
Please pack minimally! You will transport your own items from your car to our campsite. Remember to pack the following items: Comfortable Clothes, Closed-toed Shoes, Bug Spray, Tent, Sleeping Bag, Sleeping Mat/Yoga Mat, Pillow, Toiletries, Pajamas or other comfortable sleeping clothes, Flashlight (for use after lights-out to find restrooms if needed)
What is the cancellation policy?
A minimum of 1 weeks’ notice of cancellation is required for a credit or refund or a change in program date. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds or credits for changes or cancellation received less than 1 week prior to the program date. This program will take place rain or shine.
What will the schedule include?
Below is a sample schedule:
Check-in at Admission Kiosk, 6 pm
Campsite setup, 6-6:30 pm
Dinner, 6:30 pm
Explore and play, 7 pm
S’mores, 8:45 pm
Get ready for bed and settle into tents, 9:30 pm
Lights out, 10 pm
Pack-up tents and collect belongings, 7:45 am