Birthdays at the Garden
Birthday parties are back! Our newly designed birthday party package allows you and your guests to celebrate your child’s special day–Garden style! Your party package will include an educational staff-led activity and all guests will have access to the Garden during and after the party until closing at 5pm. Birthday party packages are designed for children ages 3 thru 11.
Each party includes a staff-led activity. You have the choice of one of the options below.
Pot-A-Plant: In this activity each child will decorate a pot, pot a plant, and use their senses to explore flowers and plants around the Garden.
Leafy Critters: In this activity children will explore and collect leaves of different shapes, sizes, textures and colors, and then create their own unique leafy critter to take home.
Ladybug Landing: In this activity children will discover the life cycle of a ladybug and fun facts about these friends of the garden. The activity will culminate in a ladybug release in the Garden! *Seasonal – not available November through March*
Birthday Party Rates
- $330 ($300 for San Antonio Botanical Garden members)
- Additional guest fees may apply.
- A rental deposit of $125 is required at the time of reservation.
- A security deposit of $100 is required at the time of reservation.
Birthday Party Rental Fee includes the following:
- Admission for up to 30 people (20 of which can be children).
- Rates for additional guests: $10/person, over age 3. The number of total guests may not exceed 50 people. The number of children may not exceed 25.
- The use of a private party space for two hours, plus a half hour for set-up and a half-hour for cleanup. Party times available are: 10am – 12pm OR 1pm-3pm.
- A staff-led party activity and Garden exploration.
- A gift for the birthday child.
Birthday parties are booked no more than 6 weeks in advance, and will be assigned to one of three spaces based on availability at the time the reservation is taken:
- Auld House: The Garden’s historic piñon pine log cabin is located along the Texas Hill Country Trail. With a large indoor space that includes AC/Heat, an outdoor covered patio and bathrooms, this space feels rustic while not being without modern conveniences.
- Education Tent: This outdoor, covered event tent is nestled in between the Children’s Vegetable Garden and the Cactus and Succulent Garden. It truly is a Garden party when guests are just steps away from discovering the diversity of plant life that surrounds them.
- H-E-B Discovery Classrooms: Two large indoor classrooms include a new AV system perfect for presentations.
The Garden reserves the right to change the location between these three sites.
Please email email@example.com or call 210.536.1416 Tuesday through Thursday 8 AM to 3 PM if you would like to request a reservation.
Birthday Party Locations
|Auld House||H-E-B Discovery Classrooms||Education Tent|
Birthday Party Guidelines
- Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance, but no more than 6 weeks in advance.
- The security deposit and rental deposit must be made at the time of reservation. The remaining balance is due 21 days before the event. Fees for additional guests must be paid on the day of the event.
- Any unused security balance will be returned no later than 30 days after the event.
- Proper adult supervision is required at all times during the birthday party.
- Guests may bring in their own cake, ice cream and non-alcoholic beverages. Only approved caterers can deliver to the Garden. Approved vendor list here
- If the event is cancelled more than 21 days before the event, the security deposit will be refunded, but the rental deposit will not be refunded.
- If the event is cancelled less than 21 days before the event, the security deposit will be refunded, but the entire rental deposit and rental fee will not be refunded.
Birthday reservations are scheduled Tuesdays through Thursdays 8 AM to 3 PM. Please call 210.536.1416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org during those times for more information or to inquire about date availability.
If your event exceeds the 50 guests capacity or you are planning an event for ages 12 and older, please contact our Rentals Department for pricing and availability: http://www.sabot.org/rent-the-garden/