Birthdays at the Garden
Our birthday party package allows you and your guests to celebrate your child’s special day–Garden style! Your party package will include an educational staff-led activity and all guests will have access to the Garden during and after the party until closing at 5pm. Birthday party packages are designed for children ages 12 and under.
Each party includes a staff-led activity. You have the choice of one of the options below.
Pot-A-Plant: In this activity each child will decorate a pot, pot a plant, and use their senses to explore flowers and plants around the Garden.
Leafy Critters: In this activity children will explore and collect leaves of different shapes, sizes, textures and colors, and then create their own unique leafy critter to take home.
Ladybug Landing: In this activity children will discover the life cycle of a ladybug and fun facts about these friends of the garden. The activity will culminate in a ladybug release in the Garden! *Lady bugs are not available July through September*
Nature Play: Our new 4.5 acre Family Adventure Garden provides the perfect setting for hands-on, creative play and a one-of-a-kind birthday adventure! The Prickly Pear Pavilion transforms into ‘Party Central’ while guests explore on their own, run, tumble, wade, and discover the unlimited possibilities of nature play fun.
Birthday Party Rates
- $330 ($300 for San Antonio Botanical Garden members)
- Additional guest fees may apply. Rates are subject to change
- A rental deposit of $150 and a security deposit of $100 is required at the time of reservation. All fees must be paid in full 21 days before party
Birthday Party Rental Fee includes the following:
- Admission for up to 30 people (20 of which can be children).
- Rates for additional guests: $10/person, over age 3. The number of total guests may not exceed 50 people. The number of children may not exceed 25.
- The use of a private party space for two hours, plus a half hour for set-up and a half-hour for cleanup. Party times available are: 10am – 12pm OR 1pm-3pm..
- A gift for the birthday child.
Availability – WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING ANY RESERVATIONS FOR 2019
Birthday parties are booked no more than 6 weeks, and no less than 2 weeks, in advance, and will be assigned to one of four spaces based on availability at the time the reservation is taken. Requests are taken in order of inquiry. Please complete the following form to request a reservation.
You may email email@example.com or call 210.536.1416 Tuesday through Thursday 8 AM to 3 PM. Requests are taken in order of inquiry. If your event exceeds the 50 guests capacity or you are planning an event for ages under 3 or over 12 , please contact our Rentals Department for pricing and availability: http://www.sabot.org/rent-the-garden/
Birthday Party Locations
- Auld House: The Garden’s historic piñon pine log cabin is located along the Texas Hill Country Trail. With a large indoor space that includes AC/Heat, an outdoor covered patio and bathrooms, this space feels rustic while not being without modern conveniences.
- H-E-B Discovery Classrooms: One of two large indoor classrooms. Includes AC/Heat plus retractable wall to make inside space outdoor accessible.
- Prickly Pear Pavilion: In the heart of the new Family Adventure garden! Use this as home-base while your guests engage in all the fun outdoor playscapes! NO NAME CREEK will be turned OFF starting Monday, November 5, 2018….and will be turned back ON at Spring Break on Sunday, March 3, 2019.
- Education Tent: This outdoor, covered event tent is nestled in between the Children’s Vegetable Garden and the Cactus and Succulent Garden. It truly is a Garden party when guests are just steps away from discovering the diversity of plant life that surrounds them.
- *No guarantee of an indoor location should inclement weather arise.
The Garden reserves the right to change the location between these four sites.
Birthday Party Guidelines
- Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance, but no more than 6 weeks in advance.
- The security deposit and rental deposit must be made at the time of reservation. The remaining balance is due 21 days before the event. Fees for additional guests must be paid on the day of the event.
- Any unused security balance will be returned no later than 30 days after the event.
- Proper adult supervision is required at all times during the birthday party.
- Guests may bring in their own cake, ice cream and non-alcoholic beverages. Only approved caterers can deliver to the Garden, but you may bring other food in during your setup time. Approved vendor list here
- If the event is cancelled more than 21 days before the event, the security deposit will be refunded, but the rental deposit will not be refunded.
- If the event is cancelled less than 21 days before the event, the security deposit will be refunded, but the entire rental deposit and rental fee will not be refunded.
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210.536.1416 Tuesday through Thursday 8 AM to 3 PM. Requests are taken in order of inquiry.
If your event exceeds the 50 guests capacity or you are planning an event for ages 12 and older, please contact our Rentals Department for pricing and availability: http://www.sabot.org/rent-the-garden/