Get involved at the Garden…..Volunteer!
Volunteers play a critical role in helping the Garden grow—and not all work with plants! A dedicated group of volunteers work closely with our small staff to present a wide range of activities to the community. Whether you can help a few times a year for a special event or are able to dedicate a few hours a week, we invite you to join our volunteer community.
No experience is needed—just a love of the Garden and desire to support its mission. Whether you are a “social butterfly,” have a “green thumb,” or want to share your expertise and passion, we have a job for you. Inside or outside, summer or winter, there is always a place for you at the Garden!
Volunteer opportunities vary by the season as well as by our current needs. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Hands-on gardening and plant propagation
- Weekend educational family programming and weekday Terrarium programming
- Culinary and Wellness programming
- Special events such as Viva Botanica and Brew & Blooms
- Membership Recruitment and Hospitality
- Summer camp assistants
- Fall, Spring and Summer student internships
- Children’s Vegetable Garden section assistants, and Junior Master Gardener lesson assistants
If you interested in becoming a volunteer at the Garden, please:
– Complete and submit an application online.
Your application will be reviewed by the Volunteer Coordinator. If it is determined that you are a good fit, you will be contacted for an interview.
If your organization is interested in joining our volunteer community, please email or call Nadezhda Garza at firstname.lastname@example.org || 210.536-1415