For more information regarding community outreach please contact Nicole Hernandez at email@example.com or (210) 207-3270. This outreach program is sponsored by SAWS.
Is your institution, organization, or small group seeking a speaker for your next public event or meeting? Perhaps your business looking to reward your employees with an informative presentation, demonstration or workshop?
Our qualified and energetic speakers are ready to share thier knowledge! All presentations, workshops, and demonstrations are free to the public and can be modified to fit time constraints, level of interactivity, or match your content needs. Below are topics to choose from and their corresponding descriptions.
- Seasonal WaterSaver Gardening: Want to learn how to get your landscape looking great during the different seasons. This presentation is designed to teach the residents of San Antonio how to create beautiful landscapes during each season.
- New Gardens for Newcomers: New to San Antonio or gardening? Discover how to plan
a low-water garden that will thrive in our climate. Our presenters will provide information about native plant selection, soil analysis, mulching, watering, rebates and much more.
- Family WaterSaver Gardening: This is a highly interactive workshop designed for the entire family to enjoy. As a family learn how to have a great-looking, low-water landscapes that are easy to maintain.
- Superpower Plants: Explore the superpower of native and well adapted plants. Our presenters will introduce you to succulents, grasses, perennials, and trees that are our area’s botanical heroes.
- Remove a Stubborn Lawn: Discover grass removal techniques like solarization and sheet composting in this demonstration. Then explore options for plant selection that are gorgeous and save water.
- Discover Retrofitting Your Yard: Learn to challenge your creative genius and discover the benefits of retrofitting your yard. Our innovative experts will facilitate an experience where you will learn how to transcend traditional gardening ideas and create a progressive low—water landscape.
The San Antonio Botanical Garden's education team is excited about sharing our mission, and dedicated to promoting gardening water conservation at community events, fairs, and showcases. If your group is interested in having a WaterSaver Booth at your next event please contact Nicole Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (210) 207-3270 . Our WaterSaver booth is informative, engaging, sparks curiosity and focuses on water-saving techniques for landscapes in South Texas.
In the past we have serviced the following:
- College STEM career showcase
- Home Owners Associations
- Home and Garden Show
- Landscape Fairs
- Grand Openings
Public Speaker and Community Event Reminders
- Groups of ten or more are strongly encouraged.
- Schedule speaker or booth at least three weeks in advance of the date needed.
- Enjoy and become watersaver savvy!